Given its natural beauty and durability, it is unsurprising to find that people have used natural stone for making several types of buildings down the ages. Stone was the most freely available material in the olden days. Therefore, people used it for making their houses, places of worship and other buildings. In fact, workers built the famous pyramids of Egypt by using large blocks of stone. The Great Pyramid of Giza is a prime example of the wonders of using natural stone. Not only is it the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It is also the only one to remain intact – for the most part, even today.
Over the years, techniques for construction evolved. Thus, people found that natural stone was not only useful for the exteriors, but the interiors as well. Countries that had stone quarries flourished as the demand for natural stone increased. Initially, craftspeople cut and polished the stone by hand. Today, however, technological advancements have mechanised the process completely. Because of these advancements, the use of natural stone today has become immensely affordable. In fact, you would not find it difficult to find natural stone installers or marble suppliers in your city today. Their services are necessary if you plan to install marble bench tops, marble sinks or stone bench tops on your property.
Types of Natural Stones
Natural stone slabs are ideal for tiling your kitchens, bathrooms and offices. They are easy to clean, durable as well as fireproof. At the same time, natural stone enhances the style and elegance of your home or office interiors as well. If you need marble tiles for your flooring requirements, you have no dearth of options. A casual visit to the marble shops in any Australian city like Sydney would help you find a range of options from which to choose.
However, before choosing the stone tile you want, you would need to choose the kind of stone that appeals to you. The most commonly used varieties of natural stone tiling comprise:
- Marble: This is among the most beautiful and versatile natural stone tiles. It comes in a variety of colours and designs. Naturally, it is also costlier than other natural stones.
- Slate: Slate also offers immense variety, when it comes to colours. Slate tiles give your home a beautiful look. At the same time, they offer durability too.
- Granite: This is very popular because it provides immense variety in terms of colours and textures. Despite this, it is also inexpensive when compared to marble slabs. It is the best when you compare it for its cost effectiveness, durability and practicality.
- Travertine Slabs: If you like neutral colours and natural tiles, travertine tiles might appeal to you. Travertine belongs to the limestone family of stones and comes in various neutral colours. However, unlike granite and marble, it tends to stain more easily too.
The Benefits of Using Natural Stones in Your Home or Office
Some of the benefits you could obtain by using natural stone include:
- Durability: Natural stone gives you immense durability, especially if you have installed it properly. It does not go through a lot of wear and tear. This means that you won’t need to replace it for several years.
- Cost Effectiveness: Unlike tiles made from other materials, natural stone tiles are durable and fireproof. This means that you won’t need to replace it as often as you would replace tiles made from other materials. It also means that you would get optimal value for your investment.
- Immense Variety: Any natural stone supplier would have natural stone tiles that offer a wide variety of choice when it comes to:
- Their shapes
- Their colours
- Their sizes and,
- Their designs
- Easy to Maintain: Various flooring options could stain easily or wear with age. Hence, you would need to maintain them to get them to retain their original look. Natural stone tiles do not require much maintenance. A damp cloth is more than sufficient to keep them in mint condition.
- Versatility: People use natural stones not only inside their homes, but outside as well. In addition, you could opt for putting tiles on your floors. Alternatively, you could put them on your walls too. Hence, these tiles are immensely versatile. They complement the décor of your house – whether indoors or outdoors.
Euro Natural Stone – Your One-Stop Shop for Premium Natural Stone Products in Australia
If you’re looking for an extensive range of natural stone tiles and slabs – from limestone tiles to white marble, we have what you’re looking for. At the same time, if you need stacking stone or stone cladding services, we provide those as well. We also stock a comprehensive range of products like natural stone sealers and stone pavers. This is why we’re Australia’s leading provider of premium natural stone products.
With over 25 years of experience in the field, we offer you stones with peerless beauty at affordable rates. This includes products like marble vanity tops and bench tops. Our experience extends across avenues like:
- The construction and building industry
- In-house architecture
- Design and installation services e.g. stone installers and stone masons in Sydney
In addition, we purchase our products from Europe in bulk. This enables us to offer you great discounts on prices.
Therefore, when you need a reputable marble supplier in Australia, consider Euro Natural Stone. Call us at 0412 406 303 for more information. We use stones for bringing your vision to life. That gives us a reputation across the country that is unbeatable as well as, written in stone.